Tuesday, October 25, 2011

First results...first apps...and a scholarship?

Dance midterm aced.
Early American History paper, "B".  A little disappointed, I really didn't put as much effort into it as I should have.  Getting an earlier start on the next one (read: now).
Also I found out about the Jack Kent Cooke transfer scholarship.  I working on my app currently.  The mere utterance of being granted enough money to actually afford Columbia with out taking out insane loan amounts more suited to my first mortgage, is a mammoth carrot leading my academic horse.  It's sad to see more than one Honor's Institute graduate, not be able to afford and subsequently have to turn down, a once in a life time acceptance.  It has happened.  Just this past spring in fact.
I'm starting to really get the nuts and bolts of the application process down, too.  Dr. Lyons' Transfer and Scholarship Workshop is less than a month away, and I'm just doing what I can, when I can.
The play is going...ok.  I'm still a little shakey on the one longer part I have, it's all there but it seems to blank out when performing it...I'm still calling line on it quite a bit, as we're technically off book already.  We open the day after Veteran's Day, but I'm not completely terrified.

I think that's a good enough update for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment