Saturday, August 13, 2011

Transfer Applications - Part One

So right on par with my advising from Ms. Urbizu and Dr. Lyons, I'm getting a jump on my transfer applications, namely the Common App and supplements.  A friend at the coffee shop commented I was starting to glaze over, at that point I had been there for 7 hours running on dollar store microwave chow mein and a tall green tea lemonade, a specialty of my barista, Dan.

Extremely long story short, When I started writing this blog back a year ago, visiting New York and Columbia were daydreams. A GPA and academic record possibly worthy of admission, were laughable afterthoughts. 

Not anymore.

Today they are realistic goals.  Achievable, very real goals with very real tangible results at the end of them.  I don't speak simply of the degrees or the job offers they may foreshadow, but of projects I will start...and finish.  Research I will do. Roles I'll play. Papers I'll write. Arguments I'll make. Change I'll inspire.
Tears of joy I'll cry when I do it.  The pride I will feel in 10 or 20 years, when a student of mine comes to understand a concept I've taught, because I had such a world class education.

No comments:

Post a Comment