Read/Annotate for Response: Ibn Hisham (d. 833), “Muhammad’s Ordinance for Medina.” Trans. Norman A. Stillman, 1979. The Jews of Arab Lands, 115-18.
Read/Annotate for Response: Document of Protection (dhimma) Trans. N. Stillman, pp. 255-258.
Read/Annotate for Response: Text: Maimonides (d. 1204), “Epistle to the Jews of Yemen.” Trans. Norman Stillman, pp. 233-46.
- Read/Annotate for Response: Texts:
divorce documents. Trans. I. Hollander, “Ibrā’ in Highland Yemen: Two
Jewish Divorce Settlements,” Islamic Law & Society 2(1)(1995):1-23.
- Read/Annotate for Response: Anthropology:
Jewish “saints” Kosansky, Oren. Tourism, Charity, and Profit: the
Movement of Money in Moroccan Jewish Pilgrimage,” Cultural Anthropology
- Due by 10/6, 10:00 PM - Write: 2 page Double Space Response with annotations on the above week 4 reading assignments
- 10/6 - Read/Ready for discussion: Jackson, "Professing Performance"
- 10/6 - Read/Annotate for Response: Worthen, "Disciplines of the Text/Sites of Performance"
- 10/7 - Skim/Ready for discussion:The Book of Margery Kempe pdf
- 10/9 - Read/Ready for discussion: The York Cycle: Fall of the Angels, Fall of Man, Building of the Ark, The Flood, Herod and Magi, Slaughter of the Innocents, Christ before Herod through Last Judgment
- 10/9 - Skim/Ready for discussion: Beckwith, from Signifying God
- 10/9 - Skim/Ready for discussion: Schechner, from "Collective Reflexivity: Restoration of Behavior"
- 10/9 - Review: Medieval Theatre Handout Online
- 10/9 - Skim/Ready for discussion Julian of Norwich pdf
- Due by 10/10, 10:00 PM - Write: 2 page Double Space Response with annotations on week 3 readings for late sub
- Due: by 10/14, 5:00 PM - Write: 1200 word discussion essay for English Conference, any topic relevant to class discussion.
- By 10/14 - 5 page research outline/proposal for Arabia Imagined.
- 10/20 - Read/Annotate for Editing Assignment: Shakespeare, Hamlet Q1 1603 ASSIGNMENT Quarto and Folio versions of scene 2
Important/get done asap!