Tuesday, April 17, 2012

I GOT IN!

 
19 June 2010 8:56AM EST was my first post here.
The time you see on this post is the exact time I received my acceptance call.
17 April 2012 9:49AM EST.

1 year, 9 months, 29 days, 53 minutes, and the title of this blog is now true.

It is an oddly stark reflection and there is much yet to be done to finish with HCC.  It's all bit overwhelming. I'm forgetting things.  Miscommunication is rampant; I'm exhausted.  I've seen people just check out after they receive news like this.  Just let go and fuck the world, for lack of a better idiom.  I don't want to be one of these people. I've come so far to let things slip now because of complacent satisfaction.  It seems so easy though.

Let's face it though, when in the past two years, or the six since I started college, or the ten since I entered high school, flunked out, and went back, have I done what's easy?  A little horn tooting is not what I'm aiming for, but in this moment maybe I should.

I'm the second person in my family to go to college, the first to get in to an out of state school, never mind an Ivy.  I'm wrapping up a significant part of my life and actually have viable options for the next steps.


1 comment: