Friday, December 9, 2011

Dollar Store Library - Part 20


Ok, ok so I haven't made 19 past posts about my literary hauls from my local Dollartree, but I think in retrospect, I should have. It occurs I should give them props and show off just what you can get at a good location.  Today, I dropped in to get some Christmas cards and maybe a can of Spaghetti-o's for brunch.  Up at the very front they had a box of assorted brand new books on tape! This one caught my eye:

Then I snuck off to my little hideaway, the tail end of the toy/school supply isle, to check out the newest shipment of hardbacks.  They still had multiple copies of the Gay Talese memoir I've been eying for a week or two, and then I saw something new.



Not bad for two bucks...
These aren't my first finds in the Dollartree book section.  It's not even the first one this week, actually.
On Tuesday I picked up a copy of Tylers Gray's The Hit Charade: Lou Pearlman, Boy Bands, and the Biggest Ponzi Scheme in U.S. History.  Granted this was published in the pre-Madoff era, so that title is not exactly accurate anymore.  However, as an *N'sync addicted teen of the late 90s, I was always very curious about the reasons behind Pearlman's legal troubles and subsequent jailing while being behind pop biggest (and still record holding) groups.
 
A week before that, I got Extreme War by Terrence Poulos.
I kind of want to go back through now and really get a listing of all the cool books I've gotten.  Perhaps a project for the break.

No comments:

Post a Comment